Self-Propelled Stump Grinder
Forest Quip has the Right Self-Propelled Stump Grinder for You
Forest Quip is well known in the forestry industry for the high quality European-made equipment we offer for sale and hire both to industry and the public, and this includes our self-propelled stump grinder. A stump grinder is one of the easiest ways to remove a stump, saving the time and effort it can take to unearth it. When you are dealing with trees in remote areas or difficult terrain, the self-propelled aspect saves even more effort, making it almost a requirement for tough jobs.
How Much do you Really Know About a Self-Propelled Grinder
If you are in the forestry industry, you likely already know all about stump grinders both unpropelled and self-propelled. For those that need to know more about these labour-saving machines and stump grinding in general, the following facts will help:
- There are several methods for removing a stump. The manual method requires a lot of digging around the stump and cutting of the roots which can be labour intensive and time-consuming.
- Other methods use chemicals to help stimulate the decomposition process. When you work with chemicals, you have to make sure to keep children and pets away.
- Stump grinders use circular cutting blades to grind the stump into chips. Even the smallest bladed stump grinder will remove the stump quicker than the other methods with no chemicals and little digging.
A Short Buyer’s Guide for a Self-Propelled Stump Grinder for Sale
With our large selection of self-propelled stump grinders, it can be challenging to find the right model for your needs. You can call us and depend on the quality of the advice we can give; advice built on our extensive experience in the industry. Before you do, the following breakdown of our line will provide you with the main differences between the model types :
- At the more basic side of our line, we offer two-wheeled models. These need to be pushed into place assisted by the self-propelled gas engine capable of 3 kilometres an hour. All controls are handled by the operator using the hand bar.
- Our four-wheel models are designed for the serious professional user and can handle the biggest stump grinding jobs. Controlling these is done from behind or the side with a swivelling control panel. We also offer a remote model with remote control for extra safety.
- The harshest terrain requires something more durable than wheels: tracks. With a water-cooled 30 horsepower engine, our tracked self-propelled stump grinder can handle the toughest terrain.
How to Troubleshoot a Self-Propelled Grinder
We offer only the highest quality equipment through our direct and exclusive distribution channels with our European partnerships, so the chances of you needing to troubleshoot them will be rare. With our experience in the industry and with the equipment that we offer for sale or for hire, you can turn to us if there are any issues. We will be happy to provide advice, and the manuals that come with each self-propelled stump grinder have detailed troubleshooting walkthroughs. If you are interested in dealing with your stumps in one of the easiest and most efficient methods, contact us today to learn more about a self-propelled grinder.